Friday, March 14, 2008

If you all could pray for my brother, I would greatly appreciate it.
He had two seizures on Tuesday of this week, which, needless to say, really threw a wrench in a lot of plans. It's amazing how quickly you can drop so many things that seemed vitally important a few minutes before. I took the afternoon and next day off of school, and my parents drove down that evening. While he has been fine since, the most disturbing thing is that we have no idea why he had them in the first place. The first one happened in the morning, and while we were in the hospital that afternoon, they took a blood test and a CT Scan but both came back normal. We left and I figured the best thing to do was get him a good meal in his system, but when we sat down at the restaurant, the second one hit him. I've never seen a person have a seizure, so it was pretty disturbing. We got him back to the hospital and were promptly told we were the problem since we didn't immediately go and get him the prescribed medicine. I thought this was a little harsh since we had just got there, and probably would have needed the same amount of time to get the drug in the first place (plus I was just annoyed that they let him out with a, "It all looks okay" and had no explanation for any of it). By the time we got out late that night, we found a 24hour Walgreens and ordered the pills. I got to bed around 1am and had already requested a sub. Anyway, the week has gone okay since then. It has been good to see my parents and more of my brother, but there are a lot of unanswered questions. 1) Why? 2) Can he still drive? 3) Can he still work at his present job? etc. We just have to wait and see.
At least now it's the Sabbath and we can rest.
Please pray that God's will be done for my brother. I hope he can start to learn to lead a life more pleasing in God's sight (something you could pray for me too while you're at it!).
Hope you all are getting ready for the Spring Holy Days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home