Monday, January 15, 2007

The Bears Win! Not pretty, but it never is really...

It is definitely interesting catching up on the blogs. Unlike some other men who can shoot their own food, I find that most of my talents have very little practical value in true survival situations. While I don't really have any desire to learn how to hunt, I must admit that it really frustrates me that I really know nothing about guns, cars, and other things. For example, Amanda and I were told that our break pads are getting worn out and need to be replaced for a nice chunk of change. Since I have no clue as to whether they are truly worn or not, I almost have to side with the 'play it safe' philosophy and get them changed. On the other hand, I am full of useless knowledge, such as when I see a comerical for a movie titled "300" and see guys waving swords I immediately know what historical battle they are recreating. Now that's talent, right? At least I know how to cook thanks to a few years at Outback. So while Aaron, Ben, and the others go out to hunt, I can stay home and cook for the church family. It's kinda like they can be Esau, and I can be Jacob. I'm not sure that's a compliment for any of us though... And as a sidebar, was Esau's story kind of a Biblical redneck joke? I mean look at his name and what he does! It's almost like you're waiting for some guy to show up and tell him, "Here's your sign."

Alright, I should be lesson planning. Oh, and I'm not saying that Ben and Aaron are rednecks. They might be, but I'm not saying that, or at least I don't think I'm saying that.

Oh, we need to figure out how we can play more basketball in the church, that was really fun in KC, but we should do it more often!

8 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

A lack of things normally considered "manly"... Maybe that's why you and Charlie get along.

Hey, you guys should come up to Columbia for the "Adult Bible Study" (aka - sex talk) on the weekend of Feb. 10! We'd like to hang out with you guys again, and I'll be there that weekend.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Aaron can cook, too :).

Is there ever mention of a woman killing an animal in the Bible?

1:32 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

There's mention of a woman killing a man?

6:08 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Sounds like we're a lot alike, Mark.

Jael killed Sisera in Judges.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Was Sisera an animal? No. Therefore, killing animals is manly. Did God, after all, not set it as the man's role to provide for the family? In today's processed society, that means making money so his wifey can go out and buy genetically engineered foods. But what if a man can provide for his family without having to go to work/grocery store? I say that man is not only pretty flippin' talented, he's also fulfilling his God-given role.

9:16 PM  
Blogger BanjoBen said...

Aww, Desiree, you make me almost feel guilty for not going out and huntin'. But alas, since I don't have anywhere to hunt, I'll just have to provide for my family by going fishin'...or by proving theorems.

10:36 AM  
Blogger just a sandor said...

I'll talk to hubby...we might be able to do it! :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Um, Desiree, I was addressing Annette.

Of course, I'm sure Eve cleaned & served up plenty of meat to get back on Adam's good side. lol

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home